Saturday, May 21, 2011

one week down.. ten to go

I've made it one week! Sheesh it feels like it has been so much longer! I'm excited that he will be home for a week in the beginning of July! It's a good half way point! there is only 5 weeks until then! Although I do KNOW that I need distractions. I have been thinking of hobbies that I can do after work to keep my mind and my hands busy while he is gone and I have it! I am going to make a quilt! A QUILT! I have never been to great at sewing but I have plenty of time to make it perfect! I have a few patterns in mind but this is the one that I have my eye on.. keep in mind that the colors may change completely since I have yet to go fabric shopping! I love making blankets! I made a fleece one for Jason two Christmas's ago and he loves it so I think a quilt will be super adorable to try! Growing up, in my house we never had enough comfy blankets so I am going to try and just make and make tons of blankets to keep forever! If any of you have any ideas for them make sure to tell me!

1 comment:

  1. great idea! I made forrest one for vday it took so much time and effort so that's a perfect project and so worth it in the end! rag quilts are way cute and fun once you finish this one!!

    ReplyDelete